In this video I'll get a proxy wood texture on my table to see if I have got…decent unwraps and the grain flows around correctly.…In the next chapter, I'll show how to paint wood from scratch, painting a rich…lustrous wood to go on here.…Before I do that, though, I need to make sure that I have got things laid out and…that the size of my elements versus the size of the size of the texture they are…going to go on looks correct.…And I also need to check with a vertical grain to see if I have got any obvious…issues and the way things tile.…I'll go over to Photoshop and make some really quick sort of wood grain.…
This table and the chairs next to it are straight grain wood.…My other chairs and table have something similar.…I'll make a new document, and what I'm going to make is just some sample wood…grain, not really fully finished but at least it will have a grain that will…tell me if I'm in the right direction.…I have made a new map that's 1024 square, and I'll press Shift+F5 to fill it with a 50% gray.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.