Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Laying out a texture sheet for multiple tools, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video, I'll get more of the clean texture on my tools and start to see if the …wear patterns I am going to put on are the right size. …I am constructing a texture sheet, and the idea is I have got large chunks of raw texture …that I simply map a bunch of things onto. …Although I've only got a hammer, a pry bar, and a ladder here, by extension we could have …several pry bars, maybe different hammers, different ladders, other things made of galvanized …steel or aluminum, and stack a whole bunch of props we might find in our game in here. …What I will do is start out with some solid colors and then add in some basic texture …for the other elements and see if they work.…
I am going to begin with my hammer, which I've laid out in two pieces: the handle, which actually …goes right through the head geometry so I can get wood on the end, and then the head itself. …I will go and look at my UV Texture Editor, opening it up so I can see what I'm doing …and zooming back. …I have put the sides of the head all here stacked, figuring that this quadrant is going …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.