Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Layering render passes in After Effects, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…With all of our render passes completed,…we're ready to stack them up in aftereffects.…First we need to set our color management settings.…I've got a totally blank project here.…Go into the file menu and choose project settings.…In the project settings window.…Under color setting, set the depth to 32,…and a working space to SRGB, and click okay.…Next we'll import our footage, right click…in the project window when choose import, file,.…And in the exercise files, under images >studio_lighting_passes, we'll select all…of these, hold down Shift and select them all, and click Import.…
We'll need to change the color management on each one of these documents.…Click to deselect them all, and then select one of…them and right-click on it, and Interpret Footage, go to Main.…And in the Color Management tab, make sure that the…profile is SRGB and interpret as linear light is off.…Once you've done that, then click OK.…And you'll need to do that for each one of these in turn.…Right-click > Interpret Footage > Main.…Color management, interpret as linear light off.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.