Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Keying a truck in only one axis, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…In the previous movie, we animated a truck by keying, both…the x and z axes, of a camera in world space.…And that worked okay but if we want to edit the timing, or…change the path, then it makes our life a little bit, more difficult.…And there's a workaround for this, which is to simply…link a camera, to a locator or other non-rendering object,…and then we can translate it in the space of its parent.…So here's the version we did previously.…
And this is just directly animated in world space.…Translate x and translate z and I've labeled it truck_toaxis camera.…And we can see it down here.…So we'll go ahead and play that. So that's fine as it is.…Let's say I want to change the timing of the ease-in, ease-out.…So, to do that, I'll select the camera and go…into the Graph Editor, Window > Animation Editors > Graph Editor.…And you'll see, we've got translate x and translate z.…I want to change the ease-in, ease-out here.…And make it so that these two curves are not…identical, and that will illustrate the issue that can crop up.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.