Learn about reviewing production rendering in an interactive window.
- [Instructor] To work in Arnold, it will need to be chosen…as the current renderer in Render settings.…If you load one of the exercise files…that come with the course,…then that should activate Arnold automatically.…If for some reason you don't see the Arnold menu…at the top of the Maya interface, or you can't select it,…and the Render settings,…under Render Using,…if Arnold does not show up there, then enable the plugin.…
I'll close the Render settings and go into Windows,…Settings Preferences,…Plugin Manager,…scroll near the bottom,…to C:/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2017,…and if you're on the Mac, this will look slightly different,…there will be a different extension here for the file type,…but otherwise the same, just enable Loaded…and enable Auto load so that…Arnold will load automatically when Maya launches.…
If you see any error messages, you can safely ignore those.…Close the Plugin Manager, and now Arnold is enabled.…And we can go into the Render settings once again,…and change the Render over to Arnold.…The Arnold Render View is an interactive…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Arnold rendering concepts
- Lighting with Maya and Arnold lights
- Controlling exposure
- Filtering light with Barndoor and Gobo
- Light attenuation with decay
- Image-based lighting with SkyDome
- Exterior daylight with Physical Sky
- Arnold standard material attributes
- Mapping material attributes
- Rendering refractions
- Mesh subdivision and displacement at render time
- Shading effects such as ambient occlusion and vertex color
- Camera effects such as fisheye and depth of field
- Animation image sequence rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering refraction4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.