George shows Maya artists and technical directors how to use the Influence node in MASH. George creates a basic MASH network, then uses the Influence node to create a separate locator that controls influence over the network. This node can be set to influence such attributes as scale, rotation, and position.
- [Voiceover] Another nice, little feature of MASH…is the concept of an influencer.…Now, this is just a simple locator that allows you…to move an effect manually.…So let's go ahead and create a simple MASH Network…and add an influencer.…So I'm gonna select this cylinder in the scene,…and let's go into MASH, Create MASH Network,…and I'm gonna create it as instances.…And then I'm gonna go into the Attribute Editor,…and go into Distribute.…Now in this case, I'm gonna change this from linear to grid,…and then scroll down to the Grid Settings roll out,…and as you can see, we have Distance…in X, Y, and Z, and I'm just gonna make this flat…so I'm just gonna work with Y and Z.…
And then number of instances.…So I'm gonna actually bring this up to say seven…in Y and Z, and then make this wide enough,…so I'll make this about 25…in Y and Z in terms of distance,…so now I've got kind of a little array…of these little cylinders here.…Now once I have this,…I'm gonna go over to the MASH tab here,…and we're gonna find the one called Influence,…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.