Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from Mudbox: Choosing the right resolution, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video, with my object brought in with the hard edges, I'll show a…little bit of sculpting, but more importantly, I'll show what mesh level to…bring back out to Maya.…A lot of times what we'll see is that we'll take a very low poly object into…Mudbox, subdivide it, and from there we'll take out a Normal map based on the…super high poly version.…But what we'll also do is bring a nearly low poly version back out.…I'll use my Page Down command to step down here in Mudbox and go down to the…lowest levels of subdivision.…
If I took a Normal map of a crunched broken barrier and put it on this, the…silhouette would still be perfect.…What I may want to do is subdivide this paging up here to the highest level and…sculpting it a bit, changing that contour and then bringing out level 1 as an…example with 56 polys.…I'll use my sculpt tools, clicking on Sculpt, scrolling over, and changing the…Size and Strength just a little bit.…I'll bring the Strength down maybe in the 7 range and bring up the Size.…
There is that brush, and I can click on the object and push it around.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Urban Game Environments in 3ds Maxwith Adam Crespi5h 54m Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.