Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll take the pieces I have exported from Mudbox and bring them into…Unity and see how this looks.…I have exported my Normals back out, and I have also exported my colors, and I have…applied them to my low poly object.…When it came in it wanted to put the alpha channel from that TIFF into the…transparency, so I have broken the connection.…I have added in my normal maps, making sure they're set to Tangent Space Normals…here in the Bump 2d node.…I'm viewing it in the high-quality display, and it looks pretty good.…
I can see some places where I might want to smooth out the Mudbox model right…here on the corner, but it's a neat test.…The paint is on, and I'm ready to get the glossiness into the alpha channel in…Photoshop so it comes across to Unity correctly.…For a low poly object, this is looking pretty nice.…As always the normal map is not changing the silhouette, but it's also adding…some characters to this barrier. I'll open up Photoshop and pull those maps in.…Here in Photoshop I'll open up those two images pressing Ctrl+O and browsing…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.