Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Maya 2016 Extension 2 New Features.
- [Voiceover] If you have access to the exercise files that accompany this course, go ahead and download them and place them on your Desktop. Now, the Exercise Files folder contains a number of subfolders, one for each chapter in the course. And, if we go into those folders, you'll see that they are standard Maya projects. So, at the beginning of each chapter, I want you to go ahead and set your project to the current chapter. So, let's go ahead and do this for chapter one. I'm going to go into Maya.
Go File, Set Project, and then make sure I set it to chapter one. And once I do that, I can go Open Scene, and I can open the first scene of the course. So, now that we know how to work with the exercise files, let's go ahead and get started with our course.
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers