Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…In this course, we've covered quite a lot of ground related to Maya cinematography.…It's my intent to help you achieve more professional results…in camera framing and animation, for motion pictures and interactive media.…My background is actually in live action, so…I've worked to bring that experience to the table.…In fact, we haven't exhausted all of the amazing things that Maya cameras can do.…For example, Maya provides a stereoscopic camera for left and right eye renderings.…Another example is match moving, a method of matching…a 3-D shot to a real world camera shot.…
In combination with Auto Desk Match Mover, it's quite easy to track…real world camera movements and map them on to Maya's 3-D camera.…The more technical aspects of this course, such as…the discussions around focal length and camera aperture will…undoubtedly be helpful if you explore some of the…more advanced techniques such as stereoscopy and match moving.…It's been my pleasure to develop and present this course.…Thanks for watching.…And goodbye.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.