Game Character Creation in Maya
Get a thorough overview of techniques for creating characters for video games or real-time rendered applications. Author Chris Reilly covers low-poly modeling, texturing and animation, using 3D model and texture assets created in Maya and Adobe Photoshop. The course also includes an overview of Unity 3, including importing characters and making interactive animations with the Script Editor.
- Optimizing, extruding, and sculpting geometry
- Modeling a character's head and body
- UV-mapping the head and body
- Mirroring and texturing
- Setting up the skeleton
- Rigging the head and body
- Skin binding & weight painting
- Controlling animation with scripts in Unity
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Reilly. Welcome to Game Character Creation in Maya. In this course, I'll show you how to use Maya's modeling and animation tools to build a character for use in the video game engine called Unity. First, I'll show you how to model a low poly character. Then, we'll explore UV mapping and texturing. Next, I'll walk you through rigging and preparing your character for animation. We'll look at importing your game character into Unity. Finally, we'll see how to make your character interactive with scripting. I'm excited to show you the tips and techniques you'll need to start creating game characters.
Let's get started with Game Character Creation in Maya.
Creating Game Environments in Maya and Photoshop102,189 Views
Learn to Texture for Games57,798 Views
Maya Essentials 5: Animation Tools121,864 Views
Working with HumanIK Rigs in Maya40,474 Views
Maya Essentials 6: Lights and Rendering111,187 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views