- View Offline
- Optimizing, extruding, and sculpting geometry
- Modeling a character's head and body
- UV-mapping the head and body
- Mirroring and texturing
- Setting up the skeleton
- Rigging the head and body
- Skin binding & weight painting
- Controlling animation with scripts in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Reilly. Welcome to Game Character Creation in Maya. In this course, I'll show you how to use Maya's modeling and animation tools to build a character for use in the video game engine called Unity. First, I'll show you how to model a low poly character. Then, we'll explore UV mapping and texturing. Next, I'll walk you through rigging and preparing your character for animation. We'll look at importing your game character into Unity. Finally, we'll see how to make your character interactive with scripting. I'm excited to show you the tips and techniques you'll need to start creating game characters.
Let's get started with Game Character Creation in Maya.