Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing geometry, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'm going add some more detail into these boards.…I've realized also, that I'm not quite happy with the end board with the corners.…I've got a low poly mesh, which I'm going to go back and borrow.…What I'm seeing here is that when I bevel these original edges, I didn't get a…corner, and it's giving me maybe not the optimal result right here.…Even when I try to bevel this because I've already got a beveled edge here, it's…not quite looking right.…I can either try beveling it, and I may get some odd edges, or I can go back and…get a part from the original low poly.…
The middle board looks good, and I need to bevel the end one, those are okay.…And those softening artifacts will go away. I'll choose Display > Show, and Show Last Hidden.…It says to me that the previously hidden objects are unavailable. That because…this scene is new, there's nothing else in it that was previously hidden.…I'll show all of Polygon Objects, choosing Display > Show > Show Geometry > Polygon Surfaces.…I'll hold Shift and make sure I grab High and Low Poly right here.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.