Finalize samples and Ray Depth for production rendering.
- [Instructor] Now we're ready to fine-tune our rendering.…Let's go back to the Arnold Render View.…Give focus to the camera viewport,…and open up Arnold > Render.…We've got a pretty decent quality rendering here…but it's a bit overexposed,…especially in the tablecloth.…Select the spotlight and open up the attributes, control A.…And in the Arnold section,…just bring the exposure down to 13.…And now that's not overexposed any longer.…
In fact, it's a little underexposed,…but we'll help that a little bit by adjusting the ray depth…in the render settings.…Let's open up the render settings,…and that's done from the status line.…We've got the little clapboard with a gear.…Render Settings.…Go to the Arnold Renderer tab,…and as we saw in the chapter on concepts,…we can go into the ray depth section,…and increase the number of diffuse bounces.…
I previously set this to a value of three,…so that we would have some diffuse reflections.…The default is actually one.…Let's bring this up to ten.…And having done that, we should also bring up…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Arnold rendering concepts
- Lighting with Maya and Arnold lights
- Controlling exposure
- Filtering light with Gobo
- Light attenuation with Decay
- Image-based lighting with Skydome
- Exterior daylight with Physical Sky
- Arnold Standard Surface material attributes
- Mapping material attributes
- Rendering refractions
- Mesh subdivision and displacement at render time
- Shading effects such as ambient occlusion and vertex color
- Camera effects such as fisheye and depth of field
- Animation image sequence rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Studio Lighting
3. Natural and Environmental Lighting
4. Materials and Mapping
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.