Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finalizing the animation, part of Character Animation: Maya.
- View Offline
So now we should have the dialog animated, and the rest of the steps are to…add in some blinks as well as the final head motion, and we should pretty much be done.…So, let's go ahead and play what we have so far.…(Character: Ha, it worked! Prepare to meet your doom!)…(Character: Ha, it worked! Prepare to meet your doom!)…Okay, so he looks pretty good, but his eyes are still a little bit dead, and…there still needs to be a little bit more head motion.…So, let's go ahead and start with that head motion, and again, I am going to turn…off the sound to little bit easier to talk over what we are doing.…
So, the first thing I want to do is, as he comes up, that head is going to…actually start to drag,…so I want to make sure I rotate that head down.…When I'm looking to do is make sure I get a nice kind of an arc here, so that…head is going to be part of that.…And so as he comes up, he is opening his jaw, and so when he opens his jaw, I…actually want to kind of extend that a little bit.…So, as he comes up to this top, I want to make sure I open up this throat area…
Prerequisite courses: Maya 2011 Essential Training.
- Using screen-drawing tools for Windows and Mac
- Quickly posing characters with custom MEL scripts and layers
- Understanding forces and their role in creating lifelike animation
- Sequencing and timing pose-to-pose animation
- Fine-tuning transitions
- Animating a character's gait and run
- Crafting realistic facial expressions
- Syncing speech to animated dialogue