Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Finalize the scene, part of Rigging Mechanical Objects in Maya.
- So, I took about ten minutes and finished the rest…of the conveyor panels, and now everything is in place,…so if we play this you can see we have the conveyor working.…So let's go ahead and just finalize this scene a bit.…So I've got some of these measuring tools still open,…so I'm going to go ahead and just delete those,…we really don't need those.…And then I'm going to go through and untemplate…my table and my support, so I get something…that looks rendered.…
And then if I go into the outliner, you'll see that I still…have one group called "Tanks Hoses",…that's still hidden, so I'm going to go ahead and…unhide those by clicking "shift h",…and that will unhide those.…So now I have pretty much everything, and I'm going to…go ahead and unhide my background.…So now all of my pieces are in place, and I should have…a conveyor belt that works.…Now, one of the things is that I've been animating this…crankshaft kind of just how I felt.…Select the crankshaft, highlight the keys on the timeline,…right click and delete.…
- Setting up a scene in Maya
- Setting up joints to control pistons
- Creating a push rod
- Simulating springs
- Syncing gears to the crankshaft
- Creating a belt drive with wire deformers
- Rigging the conveyor belt
- Preventing flipping in motion paths
- Finalizing the scene
Skill Level Intermediate
Rigging a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri2h 34m Intermediate
1. Rigging Pistons
2. Cams and Rocker Arms
3. Gears and Pulleys
4. Rigging a Conveyor Belt
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.