I'm ready to extract my normal maps in Mudbox, and it's a very easy and smooth operation.…However, I have realized I'd like to do a little more painting on this object.…I have reopened my saved file, now called 07_ 07_start, which has all of my paint layers.…I'm going to make one more New Paint layer, and I'll call this one Rocks.…It's going in my Diffuse channel, and what I'd like to do is add in here right…where this is pretty well crunched a little bit of rock.…I'll go to my Paint Tools, and I'm going to paint with a projection.…
I need to select a stencil, because I don't have anyone selected, Mudbox…gives me this message. I'll scroll over and pick some rock.…There is a tiled stone, and I'll try this, shrinking it down by pressing and…holding S and the right mouse.…I'll shrink this in and see if that's a stencil I want.…Really, you can take in any image you'd like into here.…So if you'd like to make custom maps, it's pretty straightforward.…I'll usually experiment a little bit and actually this one is better.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.