Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting paint layers from Mudbox, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
Once we have finished sculpting and painting in Mudbox, I am ready to extract out files.…It's very easy to take out those paint layers so we can use them in a…material in Maya or Unity.…On my Gloss channel I have a single layer just called Gloss. To take this out, I'll…right-click on it and choose Export Selected.…I'm going to put this out of the Tiff image, and we can see here in the Type…that I have got different things available. I will name this one 07_06_Gloss_end.…That way I know where it's supposed to go.…
I'll save this, and I know that to go in the Unity…I'll end up taking this grayscale Gloss and copying and pasting into the Alpha…Channel of my diffuse, and I'll do that in Photoshop.…I'll click Save, and that file is exported.…Now for the Diffuse channel. Right now I have got two layers, and what I will do…on that now that I have saved this Mud file is to right-click on one of those and Merge Visible.…Now the Dirt and the Concrete are merged down, and I can right-click here and Export Selected.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.