Save an animated mesh with vertex data channels.
- [Voiceover] Meshing each frame takes a very long time,…and even just doing a play blast is going to be painful.…So at this stage we want to save out…an alembic file.…This is an all-purpose 3D file that is extremely helpful…in this case because it's great at handling…very large data sets.…So before you even begin, be aware that you're going to…be saving out a file that is tens of gigabytes in size.…And this is very tricky due to memory…and storage requirements.…
Your system may crash, Maya may crash,…the alembic file may be corrupted,…your system must have the specifications…that I mentioned earlier in the course.…Before caching to alembic, you'll want to cache…the liquid first, we've already done that.…If you don't cache the liquid first then the…processing will be super slow and you'll have…even greater memory use.…Before caching to alembic of course,…make sure that the scratch cache and the background…processing are disabled.…
Once again this is super important.…Before you cache to alembic, make sure that you've got…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.