Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Learning MEL Scripting in Maya.
- If you have access to the exercise files that accompany this course, go ahead and download them and place the folder on your desktop. Now the folder is really very simple. It has one folder per chapter, and for this course, all of the contents of those folders will simply contain malscripts. We're not going to have any Maya scene files. All of the scenes will be blank scenes, into which we import a malscript. So go ahead and get your exercise files in place and let's get started.
- Using the command line and the Script Editor
- Grabbing Script Editor output
- Creating, loading, and saving buttons
- Working with variables and arrays
- Using conditionals
- Performing calculations with the math, trig, and time functions
- Creating and testing a user interface
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Intro to MEL in Maya
Creating shelf buttons5m 47s
2. Creating Custom Scripts in MEL
3. Creating Interfaces in MEL
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.