Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Up and Running with MEL Scripting in Maya.
- View Offline
- If you have access to the exercise files that accompany this course, go ahead and download them and place the folder on your desktop. Now the folder is really very simple. It has one folder per chapter, and for this course, all of the contents of those folders will simply contain malscripts. We're not going to have any Maya scene files. All of the scenes will be blank scenes, into which we import a malscript. So go ahead and get your exercise files in place and let's get started.
- Using the command line and the Script Editor
- Grabbing Script Editor output
- Creating, loading, and saving buttons
- Working with variables and arrays
- Using conditionals
- Performing calculations with the math, trig, and time functions
- Creating and testing a user interface