Appreciate the need for atmospheric effects using Bitfrost Aero.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter, we'll add mist to our shot…with Bifrost arrow.…This will help make the shot more believable.…Let's see why this is so, by evaluating a rendering…without any mist.…Before I render this shot, I will go…into the mental ray settings,…and change a couple things in Render Settings.…In Quality, we've got very low quality.…Normally for production, you would probably set this…to a value of 1 or higher.…
For a teaching demo, maybe I'll go up to 0.66…for both the Overall Quality and the Lighting Quality.…In the Indirect Diffused Quality, I'll bump that up…just a little bit to 0.33.…As a side note, my materials have ambient occlusion…built into them,…and so we can use a low resolution GI solution…for all of the bounce light,…and the contact shadows in ambient occlusion are already…built into the materials.…
Very importantly, for a moving fluid render,…you probably want Motion Blur enabled.…In mental ray, that's accessed through the Seen tab.…Go into Cameras,…Shutter,…Motion Blur.…You can set it to No Deformation or Full,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.