Discover how to add an Aero emitter and container.
- [Voiceover] My frost arrow will emit…from any polygon object.…In our case, of course, we want to use alymbic mesh…of the cached fluid.…Let's go down to the end of the timeline, to frame 360.…And once that frame updates, select the alymbic mesh…in the viewport and go into the bifrost menu,…and choose create arrow.…Wait for a moment while that updates as well,…and we see a little bounding box here.…Let's go out to our four viewport layout.…
And in the sideview, I'll press the four key…so we see wireframe.…Here's our arrow container,…but it doesn't have any fluid in it yet.…We need to go into the arrow container nodes…and set up some key parameters.…Open up the outliner, windows outliner.…And at the bottom, we'll have some new arrow nodes.…Here's the domain solver nodes, select that,…and go to the attribute editor, ctrl A.…And here we have the simulation attributes,…and the start frame is set to one.…
Change that to frame 98.…That's one frame after the alymbic cache starts moving.…Also, just for convenience sake, we can set the start…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.