Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing constraint membership, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Currently the transform constraint is only affecting one vertex, and that's not…giving a very realistic effect.…I can extend the influence of that transform constraint.…What I need to do is to select the transform constraint node, and then select…vertices on the flag, and then I can add those to the constraint.…Let's getting really close here, I'll dolly in, and you can see there is…a little cross there, and that's the locator for the transform constraint node itself.…
So I have got that selected, and then I also want to select vertices on the flag,…so I'll hold down Shift, and click on the flag, and I'll right-click, and choose…Vertex, and hold down Shift, and drag a rectangle to select some of these other vertices.…Let's say, a grid that's 5 by 5; that should be plenty.…I have now selected both the transform constraint, and the vertices, and I can go…back up to nConstraint, and choose Add Members.…
And when I click off the object now you'll see that the transform constraint has…got a lot more vertices, and if I select that transform constraint either here, or…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.