Take a look at how to duplicate objects within Maya 2019. In this video, we take a look at ways to make copies of objects from within Maya. The lesson shows how to duplicate objects using the Maya menus as well as how to duplicate with a simple hot key. We also look at Duplicate Special, which allows objects to be copied multiple times.
- [Instructor] There are many times…when you'll need to duplicate or copy objects in Maya,…so let's take a look at how to do that.…I've got this simple table and we need some more chairs,…so I've got a chair here.…And if we want to, we can duplicate it…by using the Duplicate command.…It's really very simple.…So we go into Edit and we have Duplicate.…Now the hotkey for this is Ctrl + D.…Now that's an important one to remember,…so if I duplicate, you can see I get a second object.…
Now again, I can hit Ctrl + D…and duplicate another object.…Let's say I wanted one at the head of the table.…I could, say, rotate this and move it into place.…Now if we want to do Duplicate a little bit more efficiently,…we can do Duplicate with Transform.…So if I select an object…and duplicate it and move it,…then I could do, again, Duplicate with Transform…and it will repeat that operation.…
Now we can go even further with this…and actually create arrays.…So I'm actually going to select these and delete them…and I'm going to select this original chair.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.