In this video I'll look at adding more detail to the bump map on the front.…I've got the rivets in on the side and the hole where the gas pump nozzle should…be, as well as the vents.…Now I need to put in the extra recess, as well as start to look at where the dials go.…What I've also done is to update the PSD for this file.…In the Gas Pump material, it now looks to the 02_04_start PSD.…I'll go over to Photoshop and keep adding in detail.…Here in Photoshop, I've got the 02_04_gas pump start PSD up,…and I've turned on the Specular and Color maps so that I can see them when I update in Maya.…
I'm going to look at the reference and see what's next to paint.…And it looks like the things I need to paint next are the chrome trim up here,…the light--or I think that's what that is--and then this recess. Maybe it's a…missing panel or maybe it should be a sign or something,…but I'm going to put it in as a piece of trim at least.…I'll start out with this.…This is a chrome band going across the front, so in the color it should look…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.