Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying the input or output mesh, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Let's go a bit deeper into the structure of nCloth.…nCloth is made out of two meshes, in fac; the input mesh, and the output mesh.…When you create an nCloth object, you'll only see the output mesh; you'll…see the end result of this simulation. That's what we have here with this simple tablecloth.…We can display the input mesh, which is the original object; the original…polygon mesh before the simulation. And to some extent, we can make limited…changes to that object.…I am going to go ahead and display the input mesh.…
I'll select my nCloth object, and go to the nMesh menu, and choose Display…Input Mesh, and it changes color there, because I actually had two different…materials assigned.…So now we can make some changes, in fact, to this input mesh, with some limitations.…Certain tools won't work; for example, the Interactive Split tool doesn't work.…But I am going to use the Cut tool, and we'll just chop off pieces of this tablecloth.…I am going to go into the Polygons menu set, and I'll need to select some…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.