Learn how to customize diffuse attributes of Arnold Standard material.
- [Voiceover] To begin the chapter on Arnold materials,…let's get familiar with the A.I. standard material.…And we'll start with diffused shading.…Let's assign a material to the petals in the view.…Select those petals...…right click, and choose Assign New Material.…From the Assign New Material dialogue,…choose the Arnold shader category.…And click A.I. Standard.…That's been assigned, my attribute editor has opened,…and here is the A.I. standard material.…
I'll rename it petals...…(typing)…And we can get to work on adjusting the diffused color.…Click on that white color swatch,…and choose a bright red...maybe bring the saturation…and value down just a little bit.…Notice that the colors did not change in the view port.…And that's actually because I'm using the Legacy Renderer.…I can switch the active renderer in this panel to…Viewport 2.0.…And now we've got some red color there.…
It's never going to be exactly the same as what we see…in the Arnold Renderer...so let's open that up.…Arnold, Arnold Render View.…And we do want to render the camera2shape,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Arnold rendering concepts
- Lighting with Maya and Arnold lights
- Controlling exposure
- Filtering light with Barndoor and Gobo
- Light attenuation with decay
- Image-based lighting with SkyDome
- Exterior daylight with Physical Sky
- Arnold standard material attributes
- Mapping material attributes
- Rendering refractions
- Mesh subdivision and displacement at render time
- Shading effects such as ambient occlusion and vertex color
- Camera effects such as fisheye and depth of field
- Animation image sequence rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering refraction4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.