Learn how to shade foam with a subsurface scattering effect.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Because surface foam…in the Bifrost liquid material does not currently support…an ambient nor a subsurface scattering component,…we actually cannot use the Bifrost liquid material…to achieve the effect of realistic foam.…So in fact we will need to use a mental ray shader instead.…Select the Alembic mesh, right click anywhere…in the viewport, and you may need to hold…the right click button down for a while.…Go down to Assign New Material,…and in the pop-up dialogue, choose Mental Ray.…
And we're going to assign MISS_Fast_Shader_X_passes.…Click on that, if you get a dialog asking about lightmaps,…that's simply because there's already a lightmap…in this scene that I'm providing.…You can just close the dialog, just click on the X button.…And the attribute editor has opened,…but it's taken us to the shading group.…We wanna access the material parameters.…Use the arrows to go through the node tabs.…And select MISS_fast_shader_X_passes,…click on the Copy Tab button…so we can access those node attributes,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Particle and Fire Effects with Mayawith Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Creating Simulations in Maya Dynamicswith Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.