Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Deformers, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Instructor] Deformers are tools designed to manipulate…large amounts of components, vertices, edges, faces,…or objects with little to no effort.…Using a deformer at the right time…during the modeling process can make your life…as a modeler so much easier.…Let's say you wanted to model this tire.…The shape of it, by itself, is actually rather simple.…It could just be a polygon pipe,…and you can see we actually get our sidewalls…and our tread, but that complex tread pattern…would be very, very difficult to track…all the way around that particular cylindrical shape.…
So, what if we could model the tire tread…in a horizontal and vertical orientation…following, let's say, a pattern, and then be able to…bend the shape or deform the shape to complete the tire.…Well, you can do that.…Here in this example, I started by taking a small segment…of a tire pattern and created the actual tire tread…throughout this particular model.…It was just a plane subdivided many, many times,…and then extruded to actually give me the tire tread.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.