Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining After Effects color settings, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…With our EXR document rendered out of Maya, we can now…load it into an image editing program, and color correct it.…And because it's an HDR file with 32 byte floating…point precision, we could push that image any way we want.…We can increase or decrease contrast, and…saturation, and basically, manipulate it any way we…choose, without having to worry about introducing…an image artifact, such as banding and grain.…I'm going to be using Adobe Aftereffects to do this.…Even though it's a still image, you may be wondering why don't I just use Photoshop?…I have a very good reason for not using Photoshop, and…that is that Photoshop doesn't really handle 32 bit conversions correctly.…
If you want to show this image to an…audience it has to be converted to an eight…bit file to be displayed on a web page, or put into a DVD, or something like that.…And Photoshop does not properly handle the conversion between 32 bit and eight bit.…You might work on an image in Photoshop, and…get the colors exactly perfect in 32 bit mode.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.