Apply a drag force to the Aero mist.
- [Voiceover] The Aero Fluid is being very strongly…influenced by the velocity of the Alembic Mesh.…We want this mist to hang in the room.…We want it to be born from wherever the water is,…but we don't want it to move…with the water itself.…To accomplish this, we are going to use…Boundary Layer once again,…with more extreme settings so that…we can almost freeze that Aero Fluid in place.…Remember earlier in the course,…we used an object as an Accelerator Drag Force,…and that is in our Display Layers…in the Accelerator Boundary Layer.…
Make that visible.…And here is the object,…AccelBoundaryLayerRoom.…We want to select that as well as the Aero domain.…Hold down the Control key,…and click on BifrostAero1 in the Outliner.…Go to the Bifrost menu,…and add an Accelerator.…Now, we've got a new Accelerator Properties node…down here.…That's for the Aero Drag effect.…Select it and go into its attributes, Control A.…
And in the Bifrost Container node,…under Properties Conversion,…we want the mode to be Shell.…Remember this object is a Polygon Shell that's not closed,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Particle and Fire Effects with Mayawith Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Creating Simulations in Maya Dynamicswith Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.