Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting out boards for a UV layout, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll take this large raw working wood texture I have made,…and reduce it in size.…I'll also put in some stain variations and make the start of a texture sheet for my furniture.…This image is fairly big.…Remember we're dealing in something here that is 4000 square, so we don't want…to take this in as a texture, as it'll overwhelm Maya and Unity.…What I will do when I'm making a texture sheet is to reduce this down and take some layers.…I got my working PSD saved, and it's a good practice to get into this.…
Saving a working PSD in a different directory, that way when we go into Unity…it doesn't look to import it from let's say our Assets directory, and Maya is…not looking to giant PSDs and trying to preview them or select them from source images.…Now I'm ready to get this together.…I'm going to look at my table reference and see what colors I need.…This is more of a brown, and I can see in the chairs adjacent they're a similar…brown with some lighter yellows. My other chairs are in similar ranges.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.