Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an ubercam, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…A common application of the camera sequencer is pre visualization, or previs.…And that's when you basically create a simple version…of your animation before the real version is made.…And you can also set timing on shots and stuff like that.…So it's like a moving story board.…And so that's a common application, and in order to…do that, you probably want to export your sequence to…a file, so it can be shown, for example, at a screening of dailies.…Well, you probably don't want to wait around for a full-blown production…render, so that means you should probably just do a play blast.…
Well, you can do a play blast directly from the camera sequencer.…In fact, if you go up to the Camera Sequencer menu, you can choose Play Blast.…And you'll see there are some options here, such as Play Blast Sequence.…However, there's a little bit of an issue with this.…Which is that, if you…play blast through the sequencer, you don't get…to see the resolution gate in the rendering.…And that's problematic because without the resolution gate, you…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.