Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating nCloth, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Okay, we're ready to create nCloth for this tablecloth.…I've only got 24 frames in the timeline currently.…I just want to expand that little bit.…Here's the end of my animation range. I'll set that to 96 frames, which is four…seconds, and I'll select that cloth object, and go back to the nDynamics menu set,…to nMesh, and choose Create nCloth.…I want to go to the Option box for that, just to show you that there is one kind…of semi-important attribute here, which is the Solver.…
It's possible for you to have more than one nucleus solver in the same scene;…we'll look at that later in the course.…You would use that if you've got two completely different systems that don't…need to interact, or maybe one of them has to have wind on it, and the other one…doesn't. In this case, I've only got one nucleus solver in the scene, and so…that's what showing up in this pulldown list; it just says Solver nucleus1.…If I needed to, I could create a new solver in the process of creating this nCloth shape,…but in this case, I don't want that, because I need it to collide with the tabletop.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.