To start up painting wood grain. I'll need a new document.…I'll press Ctrl+N and make a new document here in Photoshop.…In the New document settings, I'm going to establish the basic grain.…What I will do is put that in and then blow it up, smearing the grain gently.…I'll start out with a new document, maybe 1500 square.…I'm going to run this at 72, which is my default for textures.…Anything higher than 72, really doesn't apply, as screen resolution is always…72 pixels per inch.…
8 bit is fine, Transparent background is good enough and RGB Color.…I'm also running this at Square Pixels.…If you are going into a game that accepts a Color Profile, or if you'd like to…use it across in Maya if you're doing rendering as an example, you can specify a…Color Profile for your texture and then make your game and also Maya see this…color profile using the Color Profile settings.…I'm going to leave it alone at the sRGB it's set to. I'll click OK.…I'll start up by filling this with a 50% gray, pressing Shift+F5, and in the Fill…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.