Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a force field nConstraint, part of Understanding Maya nCloth.
Another really useful constraint is called a force field, and it's just basically…a way that you can push nCloth around.…I've created a situation here on purpose where my cloth is actually intersecting…with the character, and when I play the simulation, his body is poking through the…cloth. That's obviously not a desirable outcome.…Now, I could fix that through thickness, and various other methods,…but this is an illustration of how force field can save you when you have…issues, such as, for example, elbows poking through cloth, and so on.…
Or even, just as a special effect, if you want to use the force field to push…things around, you can do that too.…To add a force field constraint, you can select your cloth object, or vertices on…the object, and go up to that nConstraint menu, and choose Force Field.…Now what happens is, any of the selected vertices are now constrained to that…force field, and a small spherical manipulator is created in the middle of the selected mesh.…And it's so small that we can't really see it here relative to our scene.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.