Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom mia_material preset, part of Creating Textures and Shaders in Maya.
The mia_material comes with a number of presets that you can use to speed up…your workflow when designing shaders.…As a demonstration, I'm going to start to shade parts of this car model…using the mia_material, and you'll start to see how flexible this workflow actually is.…So what I'm going to do is I'm going to go into the Hypershade, just by choosing…Window > Rendering Editors > Hypershade.…And what I'd like to do is create three materials.…I want to create a chrome material for parts of the car like the bumper, the…area around the headlights, the runners, and the hubcaps.…
I'd also like to create a rubber material for the tires, and then I'd like to do…maybe like a red plastic for the taillights here.…So let's see how we can do that really quick using the presets.…So the first thing I need to do is going to the Hypershade. Under the mental…ray Materials I'm going to create 3 mia_material X nodes by clicking on the…mia_material_x button three times, though at 1, 2, and 3 and expand the Hypershade.…
- Understanding shading concepts
- Simulating the Fresnel effect for realistic reflections
- Rendering transparent and translucent surfaces
- Comparing mental ray and Maya standard shaders
- Introducing the mia_material
- Developing shader networks
- Using subsurface scattering shaders
- Mapping polygon UV coordinates
- Incorporating texture nodes into networks
- Improving skin detail with ambient occlusion
- Painting bump maps
- Creating normal and displacement maps
- Troubleshooting maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
Creating Natural Environments in Mayawith Aaron F. Ross4h 18m Intermediate
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Shading Concepts
2. Shading in mental ray
4. mental ray Texture Nodes
5. Creating Surface Details with Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.