Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a camera, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…Now we're ready to create a camera and frame up our shot.…First, just a little bit of housekeeping.…Let's select that environment sphere and place it on its own layer.…Go down to the display layers, create a new layer,…double-click on that new layer, and we'll call it environment_layer.…Click Save.…And then reference it so that we can't accidentally select it or move it, right?…Now we're ready to create our camera.…Go up to the Create menu and choose Cameras and…you'll see that they are a bunch of options here.…You've got Camera, Camera and Aim and so on.…
In this case, the effect that I want to eventually…achieve is that of a canted angle, also know as Dutch…tilt and that's when the camera is tilted relative to the…horizon line, as if you turn your head to one side.…And we can't actually do that with a camera and aim.…It's hard wired to keep the horizon line level.…If we want a canted angle then we need to…use a standard camera also known as a one node camera.…So click to create that and it's created at the origin.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.