In this video, I'll look at painting a bump map for my Gas_pump using that PSD network.…What I have done so far is put a base color in the color section.…I'll go into my Gas_pump material, and first I am going to show how to change a PSD over.…For this video, right now, although I'm in 02_02_start, if I go into the color…texture, I can actually see I am using the PSD 02_01_gas_pump_end.…I need to change this over.…What I can do is actually either click on the yellow file folder or change the name.…
In this case, I'll just type in the new name: 02_02_gas_pump_start.…I have taken my PSD and copied it so I've got the correct version.…You may find as you have different PSDs, you need to be able to swap them out.…It still looks to the same layer set, just a differently named file.…Now, I'll take this and copy the name by pressing Ctrl+C. I'll pick that Gas_pump…and go into the other slots.…The Transparency is already looking in the right place.…I'll go into the bump map and I'll paste that name in, selecting it and pressing…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.