Creating Fur in Maya
Hair and fur are vital details for realistic 3D models, and their texture can vary wildly—whether soft, prickly, tousled, matted, frizzy, spiky, or straight. This course, with animator Aaron F. Ross, shows you how to create, render, and customize all different types of fur in Maya. Fur starts in Maya with the Fur node, where you attach a fur description and define essential properties. Then you'll learn to map fur to your models with texture and style it with the Paint Fur Attributes tool. Plus, discover how to control shading and shadowing, render out your model in Maya or mental ray, and animate dynamic hair with the nHair system. In the end, you'll have textures you can use to create luxuriant heads of hair, fur of many stripes, and even other materials like grass.
- Loading the Fur plugin
- Understanding the Fur node structure
- Optimizing viewport performance
- Rendering in Maya and mental ray
- Adding shadow and shading
- Setting fur density and scale
- Adding curl, scraggle, and clumping
- Styling with the Paint Fur Attributes tool
- Hi, my name is Aaron F. Ross. And I'm happy to welcome you to Creating Fur in Maya. In this course, we will explore the basics of Maya's Fur Rendering System. Among the topics we'll cover are the following, understanding the Fur Node Structure, optimizing Viewport performance, defining essential fur properties, mapping fur with textures, using the Paint Fur Attributes tool, rendering fur in Maya Software and Mental Ray, controlling fur shading and shadowing, and animating dynamic fur with Nucleus nHair.
Maya's Fur System is an essential tool for character animation. And it can also be used for other purposes, such as rendering grass. It's a powerful, yet intuitive, tool set that makes it easy to add realism to 3D illustrations and visual effects. Let's have some fun creating fur in Maya.
Vehicle Rigging in Maya31,563 Views
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental ray88,069 Views
Creating Natural Environments in Maya155,107 Views
Creating Hair with Maya nHair41,347 Views
Creating Fluid Effects in Maya41,125 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training646,805 Views
Maya 2016 Essential Training640,728 Views
Character Rigging in Maya424,183 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views