Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more 3D + Animation and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Loading the Fur plugin
- Understanding the Fur node structure
- Optimizing viewport performance
- Rendering in Maya and mental ray
- Adding shadow and shading
- Setting fur density and scale
- Adding curl, scraggle, and clumping
- Styling with the Paint Fur Attributes tool
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, my name is Aaron F. Ross. And I'm happy to welcome you to Creating Fur in Maya. In this course, we will explore the basics of Maya's Fur Rendering System. Among the topics we'll cover are the following, understanding the Fur Node Structure, optimizing Viewport performance, defining essential fur properties, mapping fur with textures, using the Paint Fur Attributes tool, rendering fur in Maya Software and Mental Ray, controlling fur shading and shadowing, and animating dynamic fur with Nucleus nHair.
Maya's Fur System is an essential tool for character animation. And it can also be used for other purposes, such as rendering grass. It's a powerful, yet intuitive, tool set that makes it easy to add realism to 3D illustrations and visual effects. Let's have some fun creating fur in Maya.