- View Offline
- Simulating convincing surfaces of water and other liquids
- Creating dynamic ripples with fluid pond and wake emitters
- Testing simulations with interactive playback
- Rendering water surfaces
- Controlling render tessellation
- Floating objects dynamically
- Rendering an underwater scene
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Creating Fluid Effects in Maya. My name is Aaron F. Ross. In this course we will explore the Maya pond and ocean features to create convincing surfaces of water and other liquids. Here are a few of the topics we'll cover. Understanding fluid note attributes, simulating dynamic ripples with a fluid pond and wake, testing simulations with interactive playback, previewing an ocean in the Maya view port, rendering water surfaces, controlling render tessellation, floating objects dynamically, driving a dynamic motorboat and rendering an underwater scene.
Maya's pond and ocean tools make it easy to create complex shots that require liquid surfaces. These features of Maya are essential to a visual effects artist's tool kit. So let's get our feet wet in the Maya pond and ocean.