Learn the basics of how to turn a NURBS curve into a surface using the Revolve tool in Maya 2019. In this video, George shows how to draw a simple 2D curve shape, then revolve that shape into a 3D object using Maya. He shows how to do a full and partial revolve as well as how to manage detail in the resulting surface.
- [Instructor] Now that we understand a little bit…about how to create curves, let's use those curves…to create a NURBs surface.…So we'll start off with a simple simple surface…called a revolve and what this does is it takes a curve…and revolves it around an axis…to create a radial type of surface.…So in order to do this we do need a flat curve,…so I'm going to start off in an orthographic viewport.…So I'm going to hop out to a viewport here…and let's go into a side viewport.…And I'm also going to turn on snap…and the reason I want to do that is because I want…everything to be registered to zero,…so when we have the revolve,…everything lines up the way that we want.…
So I'm going to snap to grid here…and let's go ahead and do create curve tools, CV curve tool.…So if I click at the origin you'll see that…the first point snaps there.…We can create a second point.…And now we can start to create a shape.…So let's create a simple bowl here,…so I'm going to go ahead and just click my way around.…And let's go ahead and create a bowl.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.