The Hypershade window can be used to create materials. In this video, understand and learn about creating materials using the Hypershade window. George shows how to select a material type, then how to edit and create additional nodes to affect various attributes of the material. He shows how to manage material properties.
- [Narrator] Now let's go a little bit deeper into…the hypershade window and show you how to…create materials from scratch.…I have a scene here with a sphere…and there's really nothing in it.…The sphere has a basic lambert one material on it.…So it's kind of an empty scene here.…So let's go ahead into our hypershade window.…And in that you'll see that we really don't have a lot we…just have that one lambert material plus a few other things.…So let's go ahead and create a…new material in the hypershade.…
Now we can do that simply by clicking on the Maya tab here…and clicking on Blinn and that will create a Blinn material.…Now that material shows up in the browser and if I click on…it, you'll see that I've got this basic material.…Now if I want to I could change the color of that material.…And as you can see it shows up here in the material viewer.…Now if I want to add textures to this, I could do it…the old fashioned way and I can click on this little…checker here and we can create a node.…
So let's go ahead and create a checker material.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.