Learn about and understand how to create smooth animation cycles in Maya. In this video, George demonstrates how to cycle animation in the Curve Editor. He talks about the different types of cycles, such as cycle and cycle with offset. He then cycles some animation to create smooth motion for games or film.
- [Instructor] Many times, we'll need to do…repetitive animations such as cycles.…Maya has a number of tools to help you with that.…Most of this happens in the Graph Editor,…so let's go ahead and take a look…at this scene that we have.…Now I have a simple box here,…and if I play this back you'll see that it basically…just jumps up and flips over.…Now if you noticed we have a green side on the box,…and then when it flips over the yellow side is up.…
So let's take a look at how to manipulate this.…So I'm going to go ahead and zoom out…just a little bit so we can see this.…And then let's go into Windows,…Animation Editors, Graph Editor.…Now this is were we will control thing such as cycles.…So let's go ahead and select this,…and you'll see that we have a number…of animations curves here.…And you'll see that we have a key in the middle,…and then a key at the ends, so basically…a grant total of three keys here.…And then let's just take a look at one curve,…so I'm going to take a look at Translate in X.…
Now when we want to cycle something,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.