Learn about how to create smooth animation cycles in Maya. In this video, George demonstrates how to cycle animation in the Curve Editor. He talks about the different types of cycles, such as cycle and cycle with offset. He then cycles some animation to create smooth motion for games or film.
- [Instructor] Many times, we'll need to do…repetitive animations, such as cycles.…Maya has a number of tools to help you with that.…Most of this happens in the Graph Editor,…so let's go ahead and take a look at the scene that we have.…I have a simple box, here.…If I play this back, you'll see that it basically…just jumps up and flips over.…If you notice, we have a green side on the box…and then when it flips over, the yellow side is up.…
Let's take a look at how to manipulate this.…I'm going to go ahead and zoom out just a little bit…so we can see this.…Let's go in to Windows>Animation Editors>Graph Editor.…This is where we will control things such as Cycles.…Let's go ahead and select this.…You'll see that we have a number of animation curves, here.…You'll see that we have a key in the middle…and then a key at the end.…So, we have basically, a grand total of three keys here.…Let's just take a look at one curve.…
I'm going to take a look at Translate in X.…When we want to Cycle something,…we can do this under the Curves menu.…
First explore the basics of the Maya interface, including selecting and manipulating objects, organizing scenes, and customizing the interface. Next, learn about polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and working with NURBS surfaces. Once you understand modeling, discover how to create and apply materials—adding color, texture, and reflectivity to your creations. Then integrate cameras, lighting, and effects into the rendering process, and leverage the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, instructor show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.