Join Mark Lefitz for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting the HDRI, part of Photorealistic Lighting with Maya and Nuke (2012).
Just as we color corrected our background plate, we can do the same to the HDRI image.…Let's read in our panoramic HDRI quarter-sized image into Nuke.…The first thing we are going to do is add a ColorCorrect node.…Let me hit the spacebar; zoom out here.…We are going to open up our Windows Explorer window, and here is our …quarter-sized panoramic image that we created in a previous lesson.…So minimize that, and let's view the HDRI image.…
And again, we're going to create a color correct node.…We can either tab ColorCorrect, or press the letter C for the hot key.…Let's first bring up our contrast just a tad, and we are going to bring down our…gamma, and let's bring up our gain.…And the point of this is, we are going to look now at our ColorCorrect for our…background image; put that on the number 2,…so now we can toggle between number 2, and number 1, number 1 being our HDRI image.…
We are trying to get them roughly in the same world,…so when I bring this HDRI image into Maya, the lighting will match.…
- Understanding image-based lighting
- Analyzing and color correcting the background plate
- Creating a 3D camera to match the plate
- Lighting with low-quality settings and proxies
- Setting light samples
- Setting up render passes
- Rendering mattes ground shadow, and occlusions passes
- Adding gamma correction in Nuke
- Adding the object to the plate and rendering the final composite
- Retouching the composite using Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. Image-Based Lighting
Correcting the HDRI5m 22s
2. Asset Integration
4. mental ray Rendering
5. Creating Secondary Passes
6. Compositing the Rendered Passes in Nuke
7. Final Touch-Ups in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.