In this video, now that I feel pretty comfy with the painting of my gas pumps…and their bump maps, I'll show how to create a normal map from a grayscale bump in Photoshop.…I've got my gas pumps updated with their latest PSDs and their rust and…generally banged-up appearance is where I want it to be.…I've got my library set up and I'm ready to get a normal on so that I get a…better look and better lighting in the game.…Over here in Photoshop I've got my latest PSD up.…What I'm going to do is going to the bump group and make some copies and then…use a filter, such as the xNormal, to get the grayscale bump converted.…
For now I'll turn off my specular color and turn off my blue and red colors as well.…Remember that anything that goes on in a layer set is transparent.…In Maya, the linked PSD node just looks to that layer set and all the layers are flattened;…therefore, we can turn stuff off and on as we need.…In my Gas_pump.bump group, I'll pick the top layer, scroll down, hold Shift,…and pick the last one.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.