Become familiar and learn about the various methods employed to convert NURBS surface to polygonal surfaces in Maya 2019. Converting surfaces is a good way to model in NURBS for a polygonal model. This video shows methods for doing the conversion, how to manage detail, and ways to keep the detail exactly in the right place.
- [Narrator] When you model in NURBS, there are many times…when you'll need to convert those surfaces to polygons.…So Maya has a number of ways to do that,…so let's take a look at that.…Now conversion happens under the modify panel…and we have a convert menu.…Now if I tear this off you'll see…that we've got a lot of different options here.…We have NURBS to polygons, NURBS to subdiv, and so on.…We have subdiv to NURBS.…So we can actually move between…different types of geometry fairly easily.…
Now probably the most common method…is to take NURBS and bring them into polygons…for things such as gaming and so on.…So let's go ahead and convert…this simple NURBS object to polygons.…So I'm going to go into modify, convert, NURBS to polygons,…and let's go ahead and take a look at the options.…Now the options for this are really right here.…There's the type of geometry we want.…
Do we want triangles, or do we want quads?…I'm going to leave that at triangles for right now.…The tessellation method, we have general,…standard fit, count, and control points.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.