Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling intensity, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…Now that we've done a first pass at our flood lighting setup, it's time to…check the intensity of these lights and make sure they are in a good range.…And remember again that's why I have this ideal diffuse sphere here as…an aid to tell me if I'm over exposing or under exposing this shot.…Because we're using a 32 bit workflow here, we do…actually have the ability to change the exposure in post.…In other words, after we've rendered the shot, we can take it…into After Effects or any other…compositing program and adjust the brightness.…
Imposed without incurring any issues with,…for example, banding or other image artefacts.…That's the advantage of using a 32 bit linear lighting work flow.…Although we do have the ability to change the exposure imposed, it's…still an excellent idea to have a good looking image inside of Mya.…And to have the lighting intensity set well so that they…look good in the Mya view port and in the render view.…Because the lighting interacts with the materials.…And if we didn't pay close attention…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.