Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling Light Emission, part of Creating Product Shots in Maya.
…So far all we see from our IBL…node is environment mapping, we're getting the reflections.…Now, it's time to add diffuse illumination.…I've stored this image so we can compare it and select the IBL node and in…the attribute editor, scroll down, you're looking for…the section labeled Light Emission and open that up.…This is the diffuse elimination.…You want to switch on emit light.…And you've got a bunch of attributes here.…Quality u and v have to do with how…many samples are taken of the actual texture file.…
So my texture file has hundreds of thousand or millions of…pixels in it and we don't want to sample all of those pixels.…So this is only going to sample 256 in u and 256…in v and that's fine we don't really need to change that.…Then we come to samples and low samples.…Samples and Low Samples operate differently than they do for area lights.…The attribute names sound the same, but they do something completely different.…Samples has to do with how many…directional, or point lights, will be created.…
So currently, if I left this at its…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with 3ds Max? Check out Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
- Understanding the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Working with mia_material_x
- Creating and optimizing mental ray area lights
- Generating reflections with self-illuminated white cards
- Providing indirect illumination with Final Gathering
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Rendering to a 32-bit file format
- Saving material and lighting components to render passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Color Correction
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.